SilverSneakers® / Seniors
Healthways SilverSneakers® Fitness Program Members (through the Heathways benefit included with some insurance plans): Receive all the benefits of regular annual GP members + Senior Fitness Classes are Free! Enroll with your Healthways card and use it to check-in at each visit. Please note: Regular (non-senior) Group fitness classes, child care, and leagues are not included, but you will receive the member discounted price.
We offer the following classes for seniors FREE to all GP Senior Members and SilverSneakers members or $2 per class for non-members (must fill out emergency/waiver form).
SilverSneakers® Muscular Strength & Range of Movement: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 2pm. Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activities for daily living. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a SilverSneakers ball are offered for resistance. A chair is used for seated and/or standing support. This class is designed for ages 65 and up (or Medicare eligible). No preregistration is needed for the class, just show up with your sneakers on and water bottle handy! Non-member seniors may participate for $2 per class after filling out a waiver/in case of emergency form.
Senior Aerobics: Thursdays at 10:15 a.m. This 45-minute class includes cardio-vascular, strength, core, and balance training.
Senior Chair Volleyball: Thursdays at 2 p.m. Come and gather with your friends for some fun Beach volleyball…minus the sand! You will enjoy the friendships, smiles, conversation, and activity with this group of seniors.
For more information about Healthways SilverSneakers Fitness Program, see our informational flyer here.
See a short YouTube video about SilverSneakers by clicking here.
If you would like personal help enrolling at The GP, please contact our administrative assistant, Melanie LeBaron.
She is normally at The GP on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from noon-3pm (other times by appointment).
You may contact her at 317-884-0531 x292 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Healthways SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is an innovative health, exercise and wellness program helping older adults live healthy, active lifestyles. Your SilverSneakers fitness membership includes:
• Full access during open hours to our basic amenities such as the indoor walking track, cardio & weight-lifting rooms, racquetball court, game room, indoor soccer field, and 3 basketball courts (except during reservations or leagues). Locker rooms with showers are available (please bring your own lock). You also may enjoy our Cafe, Coffeehouse Five.
• Senior group fitness classes are FREE to SilverSneakers and GP senior members. SilverSneakers members who would like to participate in regular adult group fitness classes may do so at the GP member rate.
• SilverSneakers membership is available to you at little or no cost through your health plan.
Regular participation in SilverSneakers can help you build muscular strength, improve joint mobility, and increase cardiovascular endurance, leading to improved health and greater independence.
SilverSneakers also provides opportunities to:
• expand your social network and strengthen friendships
• increase your mental sharpness
• take part in social activities and wellness seminars
More than 1 million members nationwide already enjoy SilverSneakers. Join them today and bring your SilverSneakers card and/or health plan ID to the front desk, and our friendly staff will help you enroll!
SilverSneakers® is a registered mark of Healthways, Inc.